What is Self Publishing?
Are you an aspiring writer who dreams of seeing all your hard work transformed into a published book? Self publishing can be an affordable and rewarding way of achieving this goal. Self-publishing is a way in which authors can get their story or message to an audience more quickly, more effectively, more lucratively and with greater control than traditional book publishing routes. With the advent of self publishing, anyone can now enjoy the benefits of becoming a published book author.
For any writer or author, the decision to self-publish their work has many advantages including:
- complete ownership of the rights to your book
- ultimate control over its design and production
- retaining all revenue earned from book sales.
If you self publish your manuscript you retain the intellectual property and copyright of your book and get to keep 100% of the royalties.
How We Can Help You
Epiphany Editing & Publishing offers a complete editing, typesetting, book cover design, and publishing service for authors who want to self publish their own manuscripts.
We demystify self publishing for you by clearly explaining your publishing options: helping you to make the right choices, and guiding you through each phase of the book publication process via our comprehensive self publishing program – The Five ‘C’s of Self Publishing.
We are able to guide authors along all stages of their self publishing journey including:
- manuscript appraisal to provide initial feedback regarding the strengths and weaknesses of your writing
- editing and proofreading your written material to ensure that it is well-polished prior to publication
- typesetting and formatting your manuscript to create an attractive page layout design for your book
- designing an eye-catching book cover
- copywriting services for your author bio and book cover blurb
- advice about ISBN registration process
- organising CiP data and legal deposit for your book with the National Library of Australia (plus relevant state library)
- ebook conversion and distribution services for both EPUB (for iPad, Kobo and Nook) and MOBI (Amazon Kindle) formats
- indexing services where required
- short-run digital printing, offset (offshore) printing or print-on-demand (POD) services to produce printed (either hardback or paperback) copies of your book
- book marketing advice/mentoring packages (including free 3D book cover image for your author platform/website) to help you with book sales
- audiobook production services to convert your printed book into an MP3 file for online distribution.
Keen to get started on your self-publishing journey? For details about our range of for book publishing projects, consult our Publishing Fee Structure PDF. Or get in touch with us today for a self-publishing quote, plus information on how we can help you to fulfil your goal of becoming a published author.
Alternatively, if you’d like more information about self publishing your book, click on the link to our specialty self-publishing division: Brisbane Self Publishing Service
Do you have a story you want to share with the world? Would you like to be a published author but feel overwhelmed or confused about where to start?
It’s a shame that many aspiring authors feel daunted about the prospect of publishing their book. So we’ve decided to demonstrate our unique 5-step framework (The Five ‘C’s of Self Publishing) in a hands-on, informative workshop – TELL YOUR STORY Workshop. During this workshop (run by our self-publishing division – Brisbane Self Publishing Service), you’ll learn about all of the stages required to transform your manuscript into a printed book or ebook.
Our TELL YOUR STORY Workshop includes:
- PDF copy of Self Publishing Checklist: The Five ‘C’s of Self Publishing
- An info sheet on standard industry book trim sizes
- Morning tea provided
If your goal is to self publish your book, then click on the button to purchase your workshop ticket and discover how The Five ‘C’s of Self Publishing can simplify the publishing process for you.