What is Self Publishing?
Are you an aspiring author who dreams of seeing all your hard work transformed into a published book? Have you written your manuscript but are unsure of the next steps in your publishing journey? If so, self-publishing your book may be the best option for you.
Self publishing is an affordable and rewarding way of achieving your publication dream. It’s a way in which you can get your story or message to an audience more quickly, more effectively, more lucratively and with greater creative control than via traditional book publishing routes. With the advent of self publishing, anyone can now enjoy the benefits of becoming a published author.
There are many advantages associated with the decision to self-publish you book including:
- complete ownership of the copyright of your written work
- ultimate control over its design and production
- retaining all revenue earned from your book’s sales.
If you self publish your manuscript, you retain the intellectual property and copyright of your book and get to keep 100% of the royalties.
How We Can Help You
Through our ancillary business – Brisbane Self Publishing Service – we provide editing, typesetting, book cover design and mentoring/publishing services for authors who want to self publish their manuscript.
We demystify self publishing for you by clearly explaining the different steps: helping you to make the right choices and assisting you with each step of your publication journey via our proprietary 5-step Let’s Get Published Framework®.
We are able to guide you along all stages of you self-publishing journey including:
- author consultations to provide you with an overview of the self-publishing process
- manuscript appraisal to give you initial feedback regarding the strengths and weaknesses of your writing
- editing and proofreading your written material to ensure that it is well-polished prior to publication
- typesetting and formatting to create an attractive internal page layout design for your book
- designing an eye-catching book cover
- copywriting services for your author bio and book cover blurb
- advice about ISBN registration process
- organising Prepublication Data and legal deposit for your book with the National Library of Australia (plus relevant state deposit libraries)
- ebook conversion (EPUB format) and distribution services to Amazon Kindle, as well as Apple Books, Kobo and Barnes & Noble’s Nook
- short-run digital printing, offset (offshore) printing or print-on-demand (POD) services to produce printed (either hardback or paperback) copies of your book
- audiobook production services to convert your printed book into an MP3 file for online distribution
- book marketing advice/mentoring packages to help you with book sales.
Where To From Here?
Keen to get started on your self-publishing journey? Then, check out our speciality self-publishing site – Brisbane Self Publishing Service – for more information (including details about our free Let’s Get Published Framework® course).