What is Self Publishing?
Are you an aspiring author who dreams of seeing all your hard work transformed into a published book? Have you written your book manuscript but are unsure of the next steps in your publishing journey? If so, the self-publishing route may be the best option for you.
Self publishing is an affordable and rewarding way of achieving your publication dream. It’s a way in which authors can get their story or message to an audience more quickly, more effectively, more lucratively and with greater control than traditional book publishing routes. With the advent of self publishing, anyone can now enjoy the benefits of becoming a published book author.
For any author, the decision to self-publish their book has many advantages including:
- complete ownership of the copyright of your written work
- ultimate control over its design and production
- retaining all revenue earned from book sales.
If you self publish your manuscript, you retain the intellectual property and copyright of your book and get to keep 100% of the royalties.
How We Can Help You
Epiphany Editing & Publishing offers a complete editing, typesetting, book cover design and mentoring/publishing service for authors who want to self publish their own manuscripts.
We demystify self publishing for you by clearly explaining the different steps: helping you to make the right choices and assisting you with each step of your publication journey via our straightforward self-publishing framework – The Five ‘C’s of Self Publishing.
We are able to guide authors along all stages of their self-publishing journey including:
- author consultations to provide you with an overview of the self-publishing process
- manuscript appraisal to give you initial feedback regarding the strengths and weaknesses of your writing
- editing and proofreading your written material to ensure that it is well-polished prior to publication
- typesetting and formatting your manuscript to create an attractive page layout design for your book
- designing an eye-catching book cover
- copywriting services for your author bio and book cover blurb
- advice about ISBN registration process
- organising Prepublication Data and legal deposit for your book with the National Library of Australia (plus relevant state deposit libraries)
- ebook conversion and distribution services for both EPUB (for Apple iBooks, Kobo and Barnes & Noble’s Nook) and MOBI (Amazon Kindle) formats
- indexing services where required
- short-run digital printing, offset (offshore) printing or print-on-demand (POD) services to produce printed (either hardback or paperback) copies of your book
- book marketing advice/mentoring packages to help you with book sales
- audiobook production services to convert your printed book into an MP3 file for online distribution.
Where To From Here?
Keen to get started on your self-publishing journey? As a preliminary step, it may be a good idea to consider scheduling a self-publishing consultation with us. Alternatively, contact us to receive a personalised quote, as well as some free resources which can help you with your book publishing project.
In addition, if you’d like more information about self publishing your book, we recommend that you check out our specialty self-publishing division: Brisbane Self Publishing Service